Working with Volunteers: Legal considerations
Length: 2.5 hours
Cost: £35pp (£150 if in-house and not more than 12 people – not including travel costs)
Date/Location: to be confirmed
The way the law has considered Volunteers can seem very piecemeal and therefore often creates a confusing picture for volunteer- involving organisations. This workshop aims to give organisations a basic understanding of the position of Volunteers in regard to the law.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
● Understand the basic legal position of an organisation when involving volunteers
● List some ways to avoid creating an Employment Contract with a Volunteer.
● Discuss some of the Health and Safety Issues in regard to volunteers
● Outline tax issues in regard to volunteers
● List possible restrictions on volunteering.
Any-one in an organisation who is looking at involving volunteers within their organisation.
Please note this workshop is not delivered by a trainer with a legal background and should not be seen as a substitute for seeking professional legal help.