Charity Trustee: an introduction to the role
Length: 2.5 hours
Cost: £35pp (£150 if in-house and to not more than 12 people – cost does not include travel)
Location & Date: To be confirmed
Booking: booking form
To act as an introduction for new Trustees, and a refresher for other Trustees, on the key responsibilities of their role.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
● Outline the roles and responsibilities of Trustees
● Explain what governance is and how it is different from management
● Identify good governance.
● Understand the ways in which you are accountable as a Trustee
● Understand the role and the functions relating to the positions of Chairperson and Treasurer.
This course refers to the Trustees National Occupational Standards (NOS). Participants will be given a short edition of the NOS to take away with them.